Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Kiss

I have been SO excited to share this post with everyone! I had the honor of doing a wedding cake for a friend from high-school. Now, this was not your traditional wedding cake. I love it when couples branch out from the norm and want to express their hobbies and passions in their wedding cake. You can tell a lot about the Bride and Groom when you look at their cake. Are they traditional with a 3-tiered white buttercream cake, or are they more edgy and fun with a self-designed theme cake? The latter sums up this couple. Both love art and wanted it to come alive in their cake. I was so excited when Whitney asked me to do it because I knew it was going to be a challenge for me. I had never done something so untraditional, and by no means do I consider myself an artist. This only motivated me more to create something out of my comfort zone. I just kept telling myself, "You can do anything you set your mind to!" This is the sketch that the real artist, the Bride, sent me.

This is the final product:




I loved the cake topper which is Klimt's "The Kiss" design. It brought your attention to the theme of the cake which was artists in love. Thank you Whitney for giving me this opportunity to make this and allowing me to feel like Jackson Pollack for a day :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm still in awe... this is unreal!!!!!!! you are SO talented! you're such an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you make me speechless, you are so freaking talented!!

    ReplyDelete