Monday, August 16, 2010

Manic Monday!

Happy Monday! Most people hate Mondays, I on the other hand love them. Most bakers count Mondays as part of their weekend because Saturday is a work-day... doing last-minute detail work and making deliveries. I look forward to Mondays because it is the one day where I can catch up on errands and chores.  So far today, I have updated the flavor page under the "About" tab. I am so excited! There are still so many recipes I am dying to try, and luckily I have willing and honest guinea pigs at the restaurant that will devour them. Who doesn't love free cupcakes?


Another task I must accomplish today is business cards. I am attending a networking event Thursday night for Wish Upon A Wedding. They are the world's first nonprofit wish granting organization providing weddings and vow renewals for couples facing terminal illness and serious life altering circumstances. The Atlanta chapter is throwing a launch-party to kick-off the new chapter and I am so excited to get involved. This is a great opportunity to get my name out there with the new company and to help these couples have their dream weddings. Most brides get so wrapped up in the details that go into their wedding and lose focus on the bigger picture, two people are taking a vow in marriage to love each other for the rest of their lives. I feel this organization will remind people of that and I hope to contribute in any way that I can! Check out their website, it is so inspirational!


To end this post, I would love to send a shout-out to Sheila Parast. We go way back to our freshmen year of college, little did we know we would have the same dream of baking! We have become closer (in location and friendship) and I am so grateful that she has helped me with this blog and with pictures for the website. Thanks Sheila!


Teaser picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment